Friday 1 June 2012

Hibiscus flower nail art

Hibiscus flower manicure

I loved doing this hibiscus flower manicure, it reminded me of tropical beaches and sunsets....hmm..anyway!



First off I painted the nail with two coats of a bright white colour and let it completely dry; I used Barry M's Matt White.


Next, using a very thin paintbrush, I put a small dot in the middle of the nail and drew a horizontal-ish line out to the left, finishing with a smaller dot on the end of the line. I used W7's Fluorescent Pink 2 for this part.


After that, I used the actual nail varnish brush to create 4 large petals around the little stem thing (forgot the name!). I did this by doing smooth strokes and not pressing too hard. 


When that had dried I used a white nail art pen (£1 from a pound shop) to brush light shines onto the petals to make them seem more realistic. I then made the middle of the flower bigger (by accident, I blobbed :-( sorry) but I'm still pretty happy at how it came out! 


An overview of the manicure: 


Thank you for reading :-)

Instagram: @nailtutorials
Etsy: www.etsy.co.uk/shop/nailtutorials [Opening soon!]

No comments:

Post a Comment