Friday 1 June 2012

Colour blocking nail art

Colour blocking nail art tutorial


An easy way to jazz up your nails... plus all of these colours can be replaced with different ones!



Step 1:
First I painted my nails with two coats of yellow nail varnish.
[Yellow by Barry M] boring name!



Step 2:
When that colour had dried I got a piece of sellotape with a length of about double the width of your nail to be safe (any kind of tape will do, except gaffa or duct.. obviously). I placed it with the straight edge diagonally across my nail and painted a bright blue in the section that wasn't covered. Then I quickly took the tape off.
[Blueberry Ice Cream by Barry M]



Step 3:
Repeat step 2 with a different colour. Repeat this step as many times as you want.
[Bright Pink by Barry M]



Step 4:
I used a black nail art pen to create very thin lines across my nails. Alternatively you could use a striping tool, paintbrush or even striping tape. Enjoy!





Thank you for reading!

Instagram: @nailtutorials
Etsy: www.etsy.co.uk/shop/nailtutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment